Company valuations are often needed in difficult or hectic circumstances. And the reasons are varied: takeovers, mergers, third-party bids, shareholder disputes, a potential sale, arbitration or financial reporting.
How valuations add value
Company valuations should be transparent and unambiguous. They’re not just about the figures either. A meaningful company valuation considers and incorporates all relevant technical, legal and corporate information. Benefit from BDO’s proven track record in company valuations.
We support you in particular with:
- Purchase or sale of corporate groups, individual entities or business units
- Valuation of intangible assets such as software or licenses
- Fairness opinions on public purchase or exchange offers
- Minimum price calculations for public purchase or exchange offers
- Mergers, divisions or other restructuring of enterprises
- Succession arrangements within or outside the family
- Inheritance disputes
- Entry or withdrawal of shareholders
- Valuations in connection with various accounting standards for annual and interim financial statements
- Purchase price allocation
- Impairment testing
- Arbitration reports
In addition, we deal with special topics such as minority discounts, majority surcharges or lack of liquidity.